Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Bum is Naggin'

So, apparently when you have one of these things, it's important to actually write things...what's up with that? It's not like I don't have a take-home final due tomorrow. Oh wait, I don't have a take-home due tomorrow. Unfortunately (in my opinion), the due date of the exam was pushed back. I say it's unfortunate for multiple reasons. First, it would be great to be over and done with the stupid thing. It's in my logic class, which I'm only trying to get a B- in to get credit for it. :) The fact that I only have about 65% of it done is irrelevant. To be perfectly honest, of the 4 of us in the class, I think I was three times more done than two of them. Which leads to the second reason to get it done: if we turn it in tomorrow, I won't have a ton finished, but it's more than others, so I look good relatively. But more than anything else, I don't want to have a take-home weighing over me during spring break. I'll probably do very very little of it after this weekend anyway, but it would have been nice to completely forget about it already. Anyway, I am really looking forward to break. It will be good get away from math a little bit (for a few days, but I do need to review some algebraic geometry). Plus, I get to see my family for a few days, and hopefully visit some friends. I miss my friends a lot. My friends here in Bloomington are cool, but there's something different about good, solid, quality, Christian friends. There's such a deeper connection there between brothers in Christ, it's so amazing. You don't always notice it until you around an office talking about and the latest drunken debauchery. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, the intelligentsia of America is here in Bloomington, getting drunk and (to avoid getting to graphic) do things that drunk people do. I talked on the phone for Jen (Lewchuk) a couple weeks ago for about an hour, and a half hour into it she could tell I was a little lonely. That's how cool it is to have close, great friends. :) Anyway, after spending a lot of the past year going all over the place for church and whatnot (ie. Muncie), I think I'm going to make a lot more of an emphasis on going to ECC here in Bloomington and trying to establish some good, solid, Christian friends here. I don't expect them to become like my Taylor friends, but I need good Christian friends that I can hang out with here, get support from, watch VeggieTales with, pray with, things brothers and sisters in Christ do together. Anyway, this has turned into an essay. Sorry about that. No, actually I'm not. I'm doing this as much for me as anyone else...sort of let me sort out my thoughts and stuff like that. Until I get a girlfriend to listen to all of my rants and raves, the internet gets to take brunt of it--to the benefit (or harm, for that matter) of the reader. :) Ok, no more "being single" comments. Promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home