Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dream job?

So, does Shawn have a dream job in the works? According to my father, who talked with the president of the school board of my old corporation (can a school corporation be referred to as your alma mater?), there is a really good chance there will be a math opening in high school at Glenn next year. Given what I know of the teachers, there is a decent chance this will be in high level classes. Also, there's a good chance there will be some open basketball coaching vacancies as well. Teaching high level math at a school I am comfortable with (and whose faculty I am comfortable with) while getting to coach basketball....that's my dream job, isn't it?

Well, as always, there are issues. From a spiritual perspective, I have very strong connections with people in Bloomington and the home church I attend in Yorktown. If I move back up north, I may not continue in those realms (for sure the former, possibly the latter). God is playing a really big part in my life right now. But, maybe He's calling me to bring my experiences and energy up north...possibly to the church I grew up in.

Oh, the decisions. Of course, right now, it's all hypothetical. It'll be interesting to see where God is taking me...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I hear you... but it's neat that you might have an opportunity around the corner!

remember that God isn't limited to Bloomington or Yorktown... he can be a big part of your life no matter where you are.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry. God takes care of all...the hardest part for us is not to put words in His mouth when we're trying to listen. Boy, does that lead to trouble! ;)

Anyway, Greg & I will always be here for you...even if you move far away from us. We both love you and are praying for you.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home