Friday, October 07, 2005

Patience and faith

So, I think God is trying to teach me some patience and some faith--not always easy things to learn. I want to know His plan for me, the direction to take my life in over the next few months, the next year, and so on. And I kind of want to know it now. But, that's not always how God works. I need to have the patience that, while constantly going to him and seeking his advice, I have the faith to know that He will guide me, even if I don't get the answer the first time I ask.

As a corollary to that, I may need to learn a little humility, too (apparently I'm a masochist). I can't be seeking God, trying to be closer to Him, for my benefit. I can't be doing it to make my life easier, to try to get a girl, anything like that. That's too me-centered. This is about God, giving Him glory and serving Him. The moment it becomes about me, the moment I start doing it for selfish reasons, is the moment I make it real hard to hear God.

So yeah, this is what I've been mulling over and been getting taught the past few days...this could be a bumpy ride.

1 Comments:

Blogger spocktongue said...

I know masochist isn't the right word, but you get my point--humility is something I need to learn, and want to have the quality, and am simultaneously dreading learning. But ultimately, it's for God's glory, so my concerns aren't as important. :)

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home