Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Rough day

For starters, my voice was majorly messed up. It doesn't get very loud, was very scratchy, and very very low. So basically, teaching for more than 5 minutes was out, because my voice couldn't take it.

Then, we had a WIC awards banquet I went to. I was following the bus, though I thought I knew how to get to the HS is was held at (Owen Valley). So, when we get to Spencer, I stop and get some gas because we're a little early and I need it. But, the bus doesn't go to the HS, it goes somewhere else in town that I don't know because I'm not following it. Of course, I don't know this right away....I wait at the HS for a few minutes. Then I call our head coach, who didn't answer his cell. So I called our JV coach, who told me it was at McCormick's Creek State Park, where it was held last year (I know how to get here, but it's outside of town). So, as I'm pulling into the park, the head coach calls me, asks where I am, and then tells me it's not at the park, but back in town, very close to where I was. *sigh*

Then, during dinner, I get told all these relationships suggestions like 1) buy a sports car/boat/etc before you get married (I will probably never buy anything like that in my life, married or single) and 2) live with my potential spouse for at least 6 months before getting married (which will never happen). How do you explain to your bosses and colleagues that you don't agree with much of anything they say?

So, afterwards, I had to attend a rules meeting in Btown (sorry to all I didn't visit, but I just wanted to get home), and now am finally at home, about 14 or 15 hours after I left. Oh, and I still can't talk. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger petite américaine said...

Sorry you had a bad day. :( If it makes you feel any better, I'm having a rough week...well, kinda rough. More annoyingly busy and exhausting I guess...

Yes, that was rambling. It's officially time to go to bed. Hope your voice gets better!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

feel better! and remember, those are the people God uses to strech our faith and remind us where we stand. don't forget to be who you are because that is what God wants most from you!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home