Monday, February 19, 2007

Getting old

Made a quick, one-day excursion back to Bloomington yesterday to (illegally) help out some old grad school buddies play some basketball. It was tourney time, but one of their team of six is hurt and so couldn't play. Plus, they really have only one guard, so I was glad to fill in a much needed backcourt position. Of course, I'm so out of shape that after about three minutes I was tired. Still, it was a lot of fun, though we lost. I am feeling the effects of it, though...my whole body is pretty sore. Of course, there are more causes to that, most likely. After the game, we played some poker, which was a blast. But, since I was very successful (of course--I can say "of course" because none of the poker people read this, I don't think), that meant I was playing until after 11pm (hey, 4 hours is worth the $15 I netted, right?). So, I crashed on a couch in Btown, which means a very comfortable night of sleep, before driving the over-an-hour back to Terre Haute. Personally, when I'm stiff and sore, I always find that sitting in a car for extended periods of time helps a lot....must be getting old.

4 Comments:

Blogger petite américaine said...

You mean like Mari? ;)

You slept here? Didn't you have school today?

Had fun at your place on Sat. But if you were going to be in town this same weekend, why didn't we just do it at our place and make it a weekend for you! (I mean, you didn't really have to be at that game on Sat, did you?) ;)

9:34 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Yes, like Mari. :)

Nope, no school today. MLK day yes, President's Day no.

And as for yesterday, I really didn't know I was going to go to Btown until Saturday afternoon, and things weren't finalized until Sunday morning. Plus, the plan wasn't to spend the night...I'm just too darn good at poker...or something like that.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Mari Bébête said...

Heh, heh... too old for basketball. You'll just have to settle for blogging. You can do that 'til you're 100.

Thanks for having us over for Settlers. Hope the b-ball game went well Saturday afternoon!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wait till you try and keep up with a nine year old all the time... then you all will know what old really feels like, you bunch of whiners! :)

if the nonegenarian can do it, so can we!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home