Monday, February 05, 2007

More affirmation, and much coolness

Once again, I got a little affirmation over the weekend, although it was from an unexpected source. The Carmel swing kids mentioned that the picture I use with my profile was labelled on the girl's computer as "sexy Shawn and I." Now, I don't feel particular confident in my physical appearance (6'1", 140 lbs is not the "ideal" physique for a man, as stupid as that is to worry about), and even if it's a picture with both of us and it's kind of a combined "sexy," not specifically directed at me, but it was still to get that kind of affirmation. Frankly, I think the picture makes me look strong, in some sense...just the strong frame that she and I both have. Ok, enough of me being vain...

As for the coolness, this was one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. A guy at church (with one of his buddies) bought a bear-shaped honey container. Then, they got rid of all the honey. Then they took the numerous packages of gummy bears which they bought in the aforementioned purchase and melted them down, before pouring the liquid mess into the bear mold. After it cooled, they cut away the mold, creating an 8" tall gummy bear. How cool is that?!? Can you imagine a bag full of those?

2 Comments:

Blogger petite américaine said...

The last time I had gummy bears was the first weekend of this year at a thing w/ the teens. My 6' something friend made me get some for him during a Kroger run. I'd never seen a grown man (and two teenage girls) eat sooo many gummy bears in one hour! It was hilarious.

I've got to tell them this story.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love gummy bears. my favorite thing to do with them is to lick the back and throw them at a movie screen. they stick! imagine how that one would work... it would tear a hole in the canvas! i have to try that with bella!

(making a gummy bear. not throwing it at a movie screen. i may be silly, but i am not stupid.)

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home