Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cussing

Is it good to get people to cuss at your boss on your behalf? That was my experience tonight. I was officiating the Sullivan freshman basketball game (as an emergency replacement), and apparently the visiting coach did not appreciate the way the game was called. We were supposed to play six quarters, but after the main four, the visiting coach called it off--no more. Then, while his team was getting ready to leave, he went to our AD (who was keeping the scoreboard) and asked, "Is this skinny SOB (this is the edited version) on staff or something?" So our AD responded, "Actually, he is." Now, I would have preferred that not be known. In fact, I think I try to error the other direction, because I don't want any conflict of interest or anything... Plus, I thought we called a pretty good game. The AD claimed it was the first time he got cussed at all year. So, well played by me!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go, bum. :) By the way, you have an interesting alliteration thing going on with your post titles...

9:54 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

You do realize that now all my posts will have to start with the letter C. Maybe I'll change every month or something...

11:27 PM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

Hmmm...how creative can you get w/ that one? ;) This could be dangerous...

11:51 PM  
Blogger Penjammin said...

:)

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home