Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The follow-up

I had my varsity scrimmage time on Tuesday. It went...alright, I think. Coach had me play point guard, and I'm not a point guard. I never had great ball-handling skills, and it's been 8 years or so since I played against really aggressive defense. So, that was a little rough, but I think it wasn't too bad. I tried to force a few things, mainly to try to make sure the defense was doing what they should, but hopefully it wasn't too many turnovers for Coach. I had one really nice drive, and a nice shot that almost went in (oh, if I could have willed that in, it would have gone). Plus, when you play point guard on offense against a zone, you really shouldn't crash the boards, because you're supposed to be back on defense. Unfortunately, that's a huge part of my game. Ah well... But, all in all, it was fun. I got decent feedback from a few players--I was a little rough, but didn't embarass myself. I guess that's a positive.

Coach brought a few more guys in to play today, and didn't have me play at all. So, do I read anything into that? :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"do I read anything into that?"

Yes: you're not as young as you used to be. :)

You mean the FOSO team never faced any aggressive defenses back in the day?

6:46 PM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

HA HA!! Shawn's becoming an old foggie like us! ;)

8:41 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Oh, there's no question I'm not as young as I used to be. I'm not sure I appreciate the term "old foggie," however.

No, we did not face any defenses that were nearly as aggressive as a decent defensive high school team.

But, I got to play again on Thursday at practice, both offense and defense. It went better, I think, and I felt more comfortable out there. Plus, I blocked the shot of another one of my studnets, so that was pretty cool, too. :)

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home