Sunday, December 10, 2006

It don't mean a thing

I had a fun time stopping by a surprise party for Avery, a founding father (or is it founding mother, since she's a girl?) of the Carmel swing club. I miss them, and it was good to see/birthday dance with them. If only basketball didn't interfere with swing dancing so completely.... Of course, her first reaction to seeing me was "what are you doing here?" That was nice.

The one advantage of potentially taking the potential job I possibly would have been offered at Carmel would have been to continue on with the club. Well, that and being less than two hours from church would be really nice. :)

I know this is going to get me in trouble (KTB hit me 5 times in the arm after the party for supporting this stance), you Carmel kids need to keep working on her to get club going every week. There's nothing like dancing every week to really get people excited and addicted to swing dancing. You don't even need lessons every week, just dancing is good. Anyway, be sure to get me in lots of trouble by continually harassing her...

Addendum: For the sake of our friendship, please don't actually harass KTB. This may be a touchy subject, and I want her to dance with me again at some point in the future.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The man is right.

1:51 AM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

ha ha! Shawn abuse!! :P

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you support the Carmel swing club, why not start yours here at Sullivan?

5:01 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

I've thought about it a lot. Part of it is just getting up the courage to do it. Another part of it is wondering whether there's any real interest in it at Sullivan. The third part, and maybe the most important, is how much time do I have (ironic, since that's what I'm giving KTB grief about)? Is there even a place to have it at Sullivan? These are things I'll have to look into...maybe at the start of the second semester?

What do you think? Is there interest at Sullivan?

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would do it.

9:43 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Yeah, I'm learning towards it. I gotta talk to people who might know things...

10:34 PM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

I'm being sucked into helping a student run club at BHSN. ("Helping" = teaching) Can you believe it? ;) They got the choir teacher to sponsor it, and they're now working on getting paperwork done and funds raised. Starts in Jan!

Now what do I tell Mari?? Hope I'm not in over my head or he'll get me for sure! lol Need prayer! :)

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home