Thursday, November 09, 2006

More on my jump shot

So, as you probably guessed, I got to shoot a little more today. And I realized, surprise surprise, that the reason I was shooting poorly was my form was very inconsistent. Who woulda thunk it? In particular, I had to work on really going straight up. When I really focused on doing just that, things started to fall into place, and I started getting into a groove.

Overall, though, practice had a lot of information to digest. Coach introduced a bunch of plays, and (of course) they'll all new to me. So, I'm trying to cram them all in. But, I'm starting to pick them up pretty well, and even seeing problems with how things are being run (at least, relative to how it was being defended).

All in all, I guess the big thing is I'm feeling more comfortable with the team, the details we need to be paying attention to, and even the speed of the game (it has been many years since I played, after all). I'm excited about this season!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, bum... I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. :)

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home