Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Signs of Affection

It's fun to learn how various people show their affection. I, for instance, have become very touch-based and very vocal since entering Taylor as a wee lass many years ago. I show affection by giving hugs, giving backrubs,...or in more intimate settings, playing with hair or holding hands. I tend to be somewhat of a flirt, and so can be free and loose with my praise of ladies. Now, I never lie in these settings, but they may not always come across as being particularly meaningful.

Other people sometimes show their affection differently. They may be a lot tighter verbally, and not say much, but that makes the times they do say things, even very brief or simple things, that much more powerful and meaningful. And, some people "touch" in different ways.

On a completely unrelated note, one of the fun parts of being in a relationship is learning how the other person shows their affection, and how you can show your affection in a way the other person will most appreciate. At least, it's fun so far. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Me ... have become" ??

What are the ways she most appreciates? Our curiosity is piqued... :)

8:12 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

You think I'm going to make that public? :)

8:51 PM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

No, and why should you?!

Glad to know things are good. :) And, yes, it's definately fun to discover what makes the other person smile and feel loved. Somehow or the other, however, this turns into work and effort when you're married. (Why, God, WHY?! ha, j/k!) But it definately good to make a conscious effort about this as often as you can. Which leads me to ask....

Have you read that "5 Love Languages" book? I love it! So good! :P

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, bum ... "5 Love Languages" is a good book to read *and discuss* ... Tara and I read it together on one of our trips back from PA after we were engaged. (and then we talked about it, because we didn't seem to fit neatly into one of the five given categories, go figure)

10:08 AM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Apparently I have a book to read. I actually know some of the basics of it, but I'll look into actually reading it and maybe diving in deeper. And maybe we what Carolyn's thoughts on it are...she doesn't exactly have a lot of free time.

9:14 PM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

That's ok. It's one of those things you can take chapter by chapter together. (Or, you read and both discuss. It's not a hard or difficult book. If you need a copy, let me know.)

I didn't fit into just one category, either. I'm "bilingual"! (Go figure, right??) But he also talks about that near the end. Enjoy!!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home