Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's official....and my students will hate me

So, I decided to actually go to the dance--some of the students who stopped to talk to me at the football game (a 35-13 drubbing--go Arrows!) really seem to want me to stop by. There's actually one student who started taking swing lessons a couple months ago, and so I kind of wanted to show off and see what she knew. I also wanted to tell her that I could give just as good of lessons, and much cheaper (if not for free), but I'm sure not that's appropriate. I should just start a club...

Anyway, after even telling some of them I was going to go, I changed my mind. By the time the significant other would arrive, I would have been waiting for about an hour. I could cut that time in half and just meet her back at my place. So, we did that. I have a feeling there will be some definite ramifications from this at school tomorrow morning. I think one student doesn't even think Carolyn exists.

The big result/announcement of the week, however, is that the aforementioned Carolyn and I have publicly made it official (as opposed to publicly making it unofficial)--we are "in a relationship," as facebook would say. There's even a cutesy little heart (barf now) next to the announcement on facebook. It's fun watching people react to the announcement, though, like Carolyn's sister currently in France. We'll see what happens when a lot of my friends meet her on Saturday--it's my official housewarming party. Math major parties rock!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now you have to make sure you listen to her all the time or its not going to work We are proud of you ,.

4:14 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

What's this "listening to her" thing you speak of? I'm confused...

You are proud of me? That I actually convinced someone I was desireable? What are you trying to say about me?

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should start a swing dance club at sullivan. then maybe carmen and sullivan coud do stuff together, although it would take forever to get there....

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant carmel, that's what i get for listening to the music from the opera, now it's stuck in my head!

10:18 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

I'm thinking about it...the issue will be the time to do it. Coaching basketball may take up a lot of my time...us corporations with less money than Carmel have to suffer through one gym, not 87.

10:32 PM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

$5 says that Carolyn's xanga site's hits skyrocket now b/c of you! ;P

Oh, and hurray !! (See ya Sat!)

9:56 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Oh, we've already commented on it. :) She mentioned she was getting hits from places she wasn't used to, and I proceeded to tell her who the hits were from (ie. the bum-in-law's in Hawaii).

And very hurray!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home