Monday, September 11, 2006

TMI?

So, today in one of my early classes, one of my students (whose aim is to find out every possible piece of information about me) asked what I did this weekend, in particular Saturday night--she had wanted to me to go clubbing to find a woman. So, I told her I spent the night talking on IM, and after a few more questions it was revealed that this mainly took place with a lady friend. Now, this lady friend currently lives five hours away, doesn't believe in long-distance relationships, and we've actually only really known each other for a couple months. But, of course, that does not stop them from going nuts on this... So, now Shawn has a love interest, at least in the minds of my students. So, what's the best way to play this? Do I play this up into more than it is, and so I'll at least have control over what they think and who they suggest I hook up with? Or do I actually tell them the truth? Of course, half of them probably read this anyway.... Better yet, if I go and visit this person, or she comes and visits me (maybe over Christmas break?), is that going to send the rumor wheels running off the charts? Oh what fun...if it's Shawn's love life, it can't be simple.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the joys never end. :) I'm glad you're having so much fun with this, bum. :)

9:32 PM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

Well, no matter what you do now, things are already running around in their little minds. You just might be doomed.;)

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u should go for it mr.a go vist her and bring pictures that way we can c if she's cool.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home