Monday, August 21, 2006

It's official

One of my classes officially hate me. Basically, they wanted to do what they wanted, and it wasn't one of the options I gave them, so I chose one of the options for them. Then, I made them either 1) work on homework, or 2) sit without talking. They didn't like those options, either, and I kind of enforced them. So, one of my classes hates me. It's about time... :)

On a somewhat lighter note, my current hotel/residence has a microwave, mini-fridge, cable (ESPN), and wireless internet. Oh yeah, and free continental breakfast. So, other than the cost, I'm pretty happy. Now, off to dinner...or should I say, microwave lasagna.

2 Comments:

Blogger petite américaine said...

Wireless internet on your school laptop? Very cool.

Oh, and congrats! Ah, the feeling of being so loved in a classroom. At least you know you're doing your job... ;)

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to high school teaching (so would say the high school teachers I know)... I guess it's a good thing that you've had your first "tough" thing to do with a class. That should make it easier when you have to do similar things in the future..

You know, here in Indy there are places that rent out furnished studio apartments on a weekly basis. There might be similar things in Terre Haute. I don't know how they compare in price to what you're doing now.. hopefully you won't be semi-homeless for very long.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home