Monday, August 14, 2006

Weekend of....something

So, I attended a wedding this weekend, and I have to admit, I seriously need to give a toast seminar. Now, I've never actually given one, but from what I understand, my toast-that-almost-was was a big success. And since I like public speaking and hamming it up a little bit... Not that the toasts were bad or unenjoyable, but I could have used a few more laughs and a little less repeating. Ok, so maybe I'm a little uptight. Or as Christine (again, not my wife) would say, a little OCD.

But I digress. At least, I think I do, given what I think is the meaning of that phrase. It looks like my loan stuff is moving along, so by Tuesday or Wednesday we'll probably be closing. That's exciting, even if it means I get to sleep on the floor for a couple of nights. Sleeping on the floor in your own house trumps sleeping in a hotel for a couple of nights, which is what is likely to occur for the next night or two. There's a small, family owned place in Sullivan I'll be giving a phone call to shortly...

I'll probably finish this post off with some thoughts from church on Sunday. I've been real blessed over the past couple weeks to have God show me some of the ways He's using me, not just in Romania, but even since my return. It's been very exciting, but I've started to lose sight of Him a little bit in the fiasco that is Shawn buying a house. I still need that desire, that yearning, for Him and His strength. Am I a saint? Yes. But, what makes a saint a saint? God. It's got nothing to do with the person. I'm not someone special, someone to be put on a pedastal, someone who can move mountains. On this earth, I am still an underdog, but with a really Big Guy going to bat for me. Kind of a simple message, but really what I needed to hear.

2 Comments:

Blogger petite américaine said...

#1 Yes, your toast-that-almost-was was awsome. (Although I see nothing about my wedding was ever posted…and you were one of the priviledged «invités»!) ;)

#2 People are seriously going to start getting me and the other Christine confused. I did reading that OCD line. (I wonder if they're hitting my blog link looking for her?) Anywho, just thought it was an interesting observation.)

3:09 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

1) First of all, I didn't have an official role at your wedding, and second, no one who would have been there was reading this at the time. Sorry. Oh, and I kind of had a TIER III exam hanging over my head--it was distracting and taking up pretty much all of my time. :)

2) Actually, I was referring to the Romanian Christine (she was one of the 8 ladies with me), who actually comments anytime I make a mistake on IM, waiting for me to correct myself because she knows it's bugging me. There is my wife Christine, my married friend Christine, and my med school friend Christine. I think I'll just keep putting "Christine" and let everyone else figure out which one it is. :)

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home