Friday, July 28, 2006

How long did that guy teach?

So, I started cleaning out my room at Sullivan HS today, and got permission to throw away any books and whatnot that were irrelevant or outdated or whatnot. Now, keep in mind, the former resident of my room also taught computers. So, there are all kinds of computer manuals and PC World magazines...from the 90s. And the 80s. No kidding. So, I managed to bring home a couple of textbooks on how to program in Basic and QBasic (I mean, why not?), although the Bum didn't take my offer to bring him some, for whatever reason. I could have also gotten some books on how to work in Windows 3.1. All in all, I filled up a huge vat on wheels full of trash, and have only worked with 60% of the cabinets. I still have both closets to work with, but right now they seem to have trouble letting themselves get unlocked.... *sigh*

The ultimate kicker, though, are a couple of pamphlets that I brought home...about how to teach kids to use a slide rule, and how to use a slide rule to compute trigonometry functions. I no longer feel so old...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home