Monday, July 17, 2006

Worship in a foreign language

How cool is it to worship in Romania? I had such a great time at the worship service in Oradea. There was jumping, yelling, dancing, and lots of loud singing. Not a lot different from my home church in Yorktown, in a lot of ways, but still the reminder that I can let go and be even more free in worship than I already am.

It's really intense to praise God with believers who you don't know, but love the Lord. To unite with their spirits in worship, knowing that God hears all of you singing, in all your languages, be in Hungarian, Romanian, English, or some crazy prayer language, is pretty amazing. And to be free enough to worship with them, even though it was a completely strange feeling, was good--God is working in me.

It was funny, too--some of our team members commented on the length of the service (2.5 or so, and still going when we had to leave), and I didn't even feel restless as all. I was ready to keep going.

Ultimately, though, it's good to step outside your box and se just a little bit about how big God really is, and how big His church is. Praise God!

3 Comments:

Blogger novice.knitter said...

That is awesome! Keep up the hard work!

8:14 AM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

It's only something that a Christian can experience: to go to another country, be with other Christians of completely different backgrounds, languages, whatever, and still feel as if you never truely left home. You're totally comfortable, no matter what else might be different, and you feel as if you've known these people forever. It's just amazing...

I guess that should just remind us all of the fact that this world really isn't where we belong, nor is it the end of our stories.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool is that!!! I am so excited to hear that you're working for God overseas! That is truly my passion in life, and I always get so excited to know people who are just as excited about it. I want to hear more about what you're doing over there. Praise God for what He's doing over in Romania through you and in you. Awesome!!!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home