Friday, June 23, 2006

Only twice previous

In my week away from Bloomington, and thusly away from computers and cell phone receptions, I did get to play a lot of golf. By far, the most exciting round was on last Wednesday, when Matt, my dad, and a guy from the church I grew up in played Mystic Hills. It's a fairly new course near where I grew up that was supposed to be hard and really nice, so of course, I wanted to play it. Now, it took a really long time to get the hang of the course and start playing well, but I did play the last 12 holes in only 3 over par. More exciting, though, was the 475-yard par five 14th. Now, it's a short par five, since we were only playing the whites, but deal with it. Anyway, it was a soft dogleg to the right, and I hit a huge tee shot down the left side of the fairway, leaving me about 215 to the green. I pulled out my three wood to try to hit it close to the green. It was partially blind, and I could only see the top of the flagstick, but the shot was a thing of beauty. It was long, solid, and dead straight--right at the pin. So, I climb to the top of the hill, and what do I see? The ball is about nine inches from the pin. I tap in for a crowd-pleasing 3, my third ever eagle. This was also my first ever made eagle putt. My two previous eagles where shots I holed out from the fairway (one in a golf match my senior year, which had to be demoralizing). Anyway, on the whole the course was fun to play. Moreover, it's just exciting to say I've played on a Pete Dye designed course--he's a stud in the golf course design business.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats, bum. I'd be jealous if I knew anything about playing golf. :)

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home