Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's about time

Since I know all of you care, and since I won't have internet for the next week or so, I figured I would make one last post about the past couple of days. Basically, I've driven a lot, I've gotten too little sleep, but most importantly, I played my first round of golf for the season this morning.

Now, all I'd done up until today was hit one bucket of range balls, so basically no chips shots and no putts. And, early on, it was clear that I had no touch or finesse whatsoever. Plus, we were playing one of the hardest courses we ever play, so that complicated things somewhat. Anyway, I didn't get a par until the 7th hole, keeping me at +7. I finished with 8 pars in the last twelve holes. On the back nine I shot a 40, which might be my best on that nine, and that includes bogeying the short par 5 (even after a sweet bunker shot) and double bogeying the first hole, which is simply unacceptable, and a three-putt bogey on 17. The round was capped off by a beautiful 4 iron to within about 20 feet on the final hole, bringing that monster to its knees.

Ok, I'll stop talking about my golf for now. Probably four more rounds in the next week or so, and my dad usually pays, so it should be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home