Monday, May 22, 2006

Halfway through the gauntlet

I have successfully completed two interviews and a swing dancing performance, a large part of my crazy week. By successful, of course, the interviews were finished without any major hitches (I actually think both went well), and the performance was spectacular. I don't want to sound cocky or like I'm bragging, but we (Caitlin and I) were really good. Of course, nothing could compare to the internationally known and award-winning quartet that performed, but besides them, we were told we stole the show. It was by far the best KTB and I had danced the songs, and the crowd was really responsive with us. When we did our lift at the end of the second song (I hold her with her leg(s) up in the air to end the song) and our "butt-spin" near the end of the third song, the crowd went nuts. It was just a rush to perform in this way, and to perform well, I'm still on a little bit of a high. The songs keep running through my mind (I'm getting a little sick of them), but I kind of want to do it all again. :) Even Elyssa, who knows swing dancing, admitted it was sweet and we nailed it.

Of course, we can follow that all up with an amazing worship service on Sunday, and it made for a crazy-fun weekend. God is doing some amazing things in that group, including me, and I'm really excited about it. For that matter, God is just really amazing, and He should us a glimpse of Himself on Sunday that was exciting.

To top things off, I nailed the interview today (at least, it seemed like I did), and finish the day off with a really nice (though brief) IM convo with Erin. Anytime an ex tells you you are a really good person, it's hard not to feel good about that and respect that.

God, keep working in me, and keep pushing me to know You more. I want to serve You, wherever that takes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home