Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Revisiting my kid(s)

So, apparently this saga is not over with. *sigh* I received a huge packet in the mail from the Monroe County Prosecutor, who is apparently now in charge of extricating the funds from my bank account. Anyway, the packet contains a lot more information, which makes things less and less me. :) So, general info that may be of interest:

My kids are Kristopher (born in 1990) and Kyle (last name is not Alspaugh, born in 1987). Just a reminder, I was born in 1980.

My middle name is apparently Patrick.

My divorce was finalized on February 22, 1994. No word on how long we were married...

None of the nine digits on my social security card correspond to the digits in my SSN according to the State of Michigan.

It also appears like I haven't paid at least some of my child support since 1997.

Oh yeah, I wasn't born in 1980. I was born on April 4, 1968. Apparently I was held back a few years (decades) in high school.

I tried to stop by the office this afternoon, but no one answered the phone. When I stopped by, the office was locked up. It looked like there was some voting that took place there today, so maybe it was closed or relocated for the day. We'll see what happens tomorrow...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, man... I hope this doesn't keep kicking you in the pants years and years down the road.

note to the world: never be a dead-beat dad. it causes more problems than you think.

(of course, a little bureaucratic organization would help, wouldn't it?)

8:32 AM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Well, I chatted with some people on the phone, and she's going to cross reference my SSN with the records at the BMV, so she said this probably wouldn't be a problem anymore. Of course, I was told that once before...

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home