Saturday, April 22, 2006

Random Thoughts

A few thoughts, not enough to make a whole post out of, but collectively maybe it will suffice.

1) My interview went well, I think. I am satisfied with my answers, and seemed to get good feedback. I was interview 5 of 7. They may decide by Wednesday, which is actually the date of my second interview (2:30pm at Mississinewa--maybe say hi to D and T sometime that day).

2) It is disturbingly easy to get out of child support payments. Granted, I rightfully shouldn't have to pay them, but it would have been real easy to make up four digits to end my SSN with, and then claim my middle initial wasn't P. If nothing else, it might buy me a couple months if I was the right person.

3) The curse of the billy-goat is alive and well. Take a promising start by a good Cubs team with only two of thier five starters healthy, and what do you do? Well, one of the starters who was about to return had to stop a bullpen session early because of pain, and then add a touch of two-month-injury-to-one-of-the-best-hitters-in-baseball. *sigh*

4) What is the etiquette for attending the birth of a friend's baby? I was there for Eric and Lisa, but I was the only non-family member present. I thought going was a no-brainer, but I was the only friend there. Was that just a fluke? I felt a little odd being there, even though Eric and Lisa both said many times they appreciated me coming and being there.

Peace out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) cool... just let us know if you're in the area. I'll be at TU all day...

2) I'll keep that in mind. :)

3) at least your team is still three games above .500...

4) I've never thought of attending such an event, but that might be because none of my good friends / nearby relatives have had children. I think it's cool that you wanted to be there for them, though.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was very appropriate. I'm a good judge since I'm the dad. :)

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home