Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I found the job...ish

So, I had my second interview in a row today (with one to come tomorrow), and quite frankly, it's my first choice in schools. I like the atmosphere there. It's almost the exact same size as John Glenn (my HS), it's marching band has made the state finals (sound like Glenn?), it's academic decathlon team has won state many times (think Glenn and Spell Bowl), it has a really good basketball team (like Glenn, although Tri-West is preseason #1, which is a little better than Glenn), and the principal was my assistant principal at Glenn my first two years of HS. Oh yeah, the current basketball coach went to Marion for college and played golf (I tried to play for Taylor, but the coach wouldn't let me try out), and said there would be an opening somewhere in the system next year. A current math teacher is actually a Taylor grad, and went to school with Dr. Case, graduating in the same year.

Sounds great, doesn't it? Well, except for one hitch--it was probably my worst interview so far. Whether it was not getting a lot of sleep last night, or nerves because I knew the interviewer, or what, I just didn't feel real good coming out of it. Now, Mrs. Mueller seemed to really warm to me, and made a point to take me by the basketball coaches room after touring the school once already, and we talked about family and Glenn for a while afterwards, but it would have been nice to have felt better about the interview. Maybe it was that there wasn't a conference room with a table, but I was just sitting in a chair in an office--much more naked and vunerable.

So, I've made a habit of praying on my way to interviews (for anything and anyone, pretty much), but after the interview I said a little prayer as well today. God's response was pretty much--praise me. Right now. The song Blessed Be Your Name came to mind--blessed be His name in the good and the bad. So, I don't really know what that means, but I spent the car ride home with my iPod singing praise songs. Should find out about this job on Friday, or sometime shortly thereafter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home