Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Kinda scary

The status of my room, that is. I stopped by Sullivan HS (see previous post), and pretty much nothing's been done to my room since the end of the school year. In particular, the old teacher also taught some computer stuff, so there's all kind of software, hardware, and computer magazines filling up my closets, shelves, and cupboards. All in all, I was given six keys pertaining to my room, but I only know what four of them do. And I can't get into any of the computer desks on the far wall, either.

Plus, it's all the more apparent that I'm going to be moving someplace I don't know anyone. I don't mind living by myself, and have for years, but I need some kind of social contact. I'll get some at work, but will that be enough? Now obviously, God's going to care for me, and He has a great plan set out, but I still worry and get a little scared.

To add to everything, Carmel HS called, presumably for some kind of phone interview type of thing. It had to end, pretty much right away, because right away she asked if I was still looking for a job. Since I refuse to lie, that ended that conversation right away. I would have gone through the interview, just so they get to know me, but alas... It's just ironic because Carmel has pretty much all the intangibles, from my point of view: friends nearby, friends in the building, I helped form the swing club there and they are some great kids, I could keep attending church in Yorktown, and I'm really close to Indy and lots of swing dancing. And there's a decent chance I'd get some fairly high-level classes to teach. But, they're about three weeks too late, and so I go to Sullivan. How stupid is it that I'm 26 and kind of scared to finally be entering the real world? How little faith do I have? God has so much work left to do in me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home