Friday, July 14, 2006

What are the odds?

What are the odds that anyone is actually checking this, now that I'm in Romania? I guess will find out.

It's been a fun few days, although a little worry and a little hectic. The food has been decent, and sleep hasn't, and we've only seen the kids briefly so far. We've done a lot of planning, though, and today we are going to take a few of the kids to the "pool," although any semblance to what we think of as a pool may be questionable.

I'm starting to bond with some of the group members as well, which is nice. Apparently during VBS I get to play the role of a shephard, and the role of Jesus. I get lead another of us who'll be a lost sheep, but she's pretty small, so I think I want to just pick her up and carry her on my back, like the pictures you often see. We'll see if that results in bodily harm to Shawn.

Anyway, not much else to say...I'm up to 4000 lei right now, so I better get off. Of course, 4000 lei is like a quarter, so clearly I'm breaking the bank. It's fun to hold a million lei bill in your wallet, even if that's like $40 or so. It's just way to fun to say you're a millinaire...

1 Comments:

Blogger petite américaine said...

Thanks for the update! I know internet use is rare there, so I'm thrilled to hear from you. Keep us posted!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home