Thursday, July 27, 2006

Cars are weird

I backed out of my parking spot at ECC this past morning, and it was very obvious I hadn't driven in two weeks. Not that I ran into anything, it just felt a little weird...

The trip was long...26 hours of travel time. We woke up at 5am Romania time on Wednesday morning (10pm Tuesday night here), and I got back to my place at 1am Thursday morning (8am Thursday morning Romania time). So, of course, I pretty much went straight to bed....and woke up at 6:30 this morning. My body still thinks it's 1:30 in the afternoon, and I should be up by now. :(

The trip was fairly uneventful, although when we landed in Munich, we had 45 minutes before our connection was leaving. Oh yeah, and taking a mass transit thingy to get to the right terminal, 8 of us had to stand in line and wait to get our boarding passes because the people at Budapest had computer issues...can we say "running to the gate"?

All in all, it's good to be home. Now what's this I hear about Descent?

7 Comments:

Blogger petite américaine said...

"Descent"?? I dunno...what is it?

Glad to know you're back!! :) If you're not up to going to FS tomorrow, I'm having a showing if Narnia for my youth...and you're invited!

(btw: when are you packing? need help? did your house sell?)

2:55 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Descent is a computer game I played as an undergrad, and one of my best friends just got for the original Playstation. It's an amazingly cool game...one of the first ever with real 3D rendering. I'm still trying to get it to work on my old computer.

Don't know about FS...where is the movie?

Packing pretty much always/not yet/not yet.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you're back safely, bum. Descent is waiting. :) (but don't get too excited... it can't do multiplayer)

11:50 PM  
Blogger novice.knitter said...

Welcome back! Jet lag sucks don't it?

Descent?!

Now I really feel old!

4:49 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Jet lag is a piece of cake--you just get so little sleep coming back from Europe that you are exhausted and immediately start sleeping at the normal time...until you wake up at 6:30 in the morning, at least. :)

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've found that flying west is much easier than flying east, in terms of jet lag... it's easier to stay up late than to go to bed early.

11:55 AM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

Oh, a computer game, well, that explains it. I never was much on any sort of video games: if there's a way to die, I find it!

The only ones I was ever any good at were things like Myst (y'know, the really geeky ones where there's no "action" just a lot of puzzles and mind-games to solve).

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home