Saturday, August 19, 2006

Who needs a contract, anyway?

Apparently, I don't, and neither do any of my co-workers. We are apparently in the middle of a contract dispute with the school board about our contracts. And by "in the middle," I mean "have been for over a year and the next meeting isn't until October." Not only do they not want to give us any real raise or anything, but actually want to cut out benefits. Not usually an effective way to keep up with inflation. And can I say, as a first year teacher, it's really excited to get involved in the middle of a contract dispute? I can't really complain about past anything because I have no past, and I can't do or say much because I don't have tenure. Gotta love the politics involved in living in America... So, for the next few months, I will be teaching on a 2004-2005 contract. Woohoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger petite américaine said...

See, that's what I hate about interviewing with schools. We should be the ones giving them the 3rd degree, not the other way around. I mean, had you known about this, I'm sure you would have told them that you don't need to deal with that problem and that you would have happily waited for the next job offer.

Why is it so hard to be a teacher?

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home