Tuesday, August 29, 2006

One more day!

Welcome to all my student readers!

Apparently the task of choice today at school during some class was to look at Shawn's blog, and then harass him about what it contains later in the day. For the record, I don't hate any of my classes. :) Maybe I should start posting extra credit on here...didn't you do something like that, bum?

Anyway, tomorrow at 5:30pm I officially close on my place. Afterwards, Jim and Ida Jo are taking me out to dinner. I think, after that, I'm going to go "home" and sit out on my deck with my guitar, and just worship the Lord God Almighty for a good hour or so. What bettter way to break in a new house? I'm already looking forward to it. Of course, I'll need to buy some groceries and some lightbulbs, too, but those are details. Let's worship! Anyone who wants to praise God with me tomorrow evening about 8pm or so, feel free to stop by--the more the merrier! Plus, I have guest rooms where you can sleep...one the floor, just like I will be. :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I gave extra credit for students who read my blog ... but I did give e.c. for things like knowing that I had been married for less than a year and that there's no "C" in my last name. :)

Congrats on the tentative-but-almost-here closing date and time. I hope the last day of waiting goes smoothly for you ... worship well, bum.

11:14 PM  
Blogger novice.knitter said...

Nooooooo.... having to sleep on Shawn's floor???? NOOOOOooooooooo!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to start a swing dance club at Sullivan?

3:57 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

I might...if there's interest. Basically, if there's interest, I will, but I'm not sure how hard I'll look to find interest. It looks like there's a chance I may be coaching some sort of basketball and some sort of golf this school year, so I don't want to overcommit myself. But, this is all tentative, so we'll see. Of course, none of my normal follows are near Sullivan...so would I teach by myself?

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess if you taught on a weekend you could talk a follow into coming over to help... ;)

Congrats on your place! We're so happy for you that it's finally over with.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't just during one class. It was during.. about three of them. But just think: if you hadn't said anything about googling your name during one of your classes, we probably wouldn't have came across this.. yet anyway. We have a tendancy to google teachers' names to see what we can come up with.

Oh, and btw, congrats on the house.

10:21 AM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Thanks. It's good to be there!

I assumed students would google me eventually, so it was just a matter of time until it happened--I just didn't know how long it would take. But I'm glad I can be a sufficient distraction during other classes for my students. Now if I can only distract them into doing their math homework during these classes...

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home