Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Swing, Basketball, and God (but not in that order)

What prompts me to start running the night after getting completely wiped out (and staying up too late) swing dancing like a madman? Maybe because I tired so early last night...or maybe that's because all the follows showed up ten minutes before my bedtime. All that to say my legs are sore...

Anyway, I meant to post this closer to Sunday, but between basketball conditioning (Is it bad that I feel a lot of pride being a basketball coach? It feels so cool, even just to say, even if I haven't done much yet.) and dancing last night, I've gotten behind on a few things. God bless GQE to make my evenings a little easier...

While worshipping, I got this picture of God as King. More to the point, He was King of me. I was a country, and He was King. Simple enough? My sins and struggles are not a civil war in this country. Rather, they are like a border skirmish. They will be dealt with in time, when the King deals with things He deems more important. Not that He's ignoring sin in my life, or anything like that, but rather He may be dealing with other issues so that I when I truly deal with these issues, they will be *permanently* dealt with. A real transformation of my heart, so to speak. The important thing to realize, in all of this, is that these skirmishes in no way jeopardize His rule. He is, and will eternally be, King of my country. Amen.

There are some other aspects that I think may build on this (the idea of part of me trying to "secede") that I'm still working with, but that was main idea that initially came to me during worship. So, I thought I would share. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who are you coaching for and how was the gqu experience

8:03 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

I am the boys' varsity assistant for Sullivan High School.

GQE was kind of boring, and it's really hard to be productive. Today, I was just very lacksadasical and apathetic, so I did no planning during the 2+ hours of testing. But, all in all, the room was pretty cool, so it was definitely alright. I just hope my students did well...

9:08 PM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

So, your kids didn't act like maniacs and savages when they weren't testing? ;) Did your pick-up-trash plan work as well as you hoped?

That analogy of God is very cool. I may borrow that when talking with the teens. Love it! :D

10:31 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Actually, my kids were great. It helps that I have a lot of them in class, but other than the last hour or so of the last day of testing (when testing was done), they were angels. They are so cool. Some of them (not all of them) even picked up trash.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They were probably angels because after staring at a packet of tests for 2-3 hours, you become kind of comatose. I know I wasn't up to doing anything too exciting after that!!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home