Saturday, September 23, 2006

Wet and tired

So, what's a good way to prepare for a day of lifting furniture in and out of UHauls, up and down stairs, all while rain falls and wind blows? How about staying up really late the night before? I mean, like 2 hours late. It's not my fault--how am I supposed to go to bed with cute company at my place?

I was bringing a friend to the Sullivan football game last night, but the game didn't happen. At least, I think it didn't happen. After 45 minutes, it was still lightninging (the act of producing lightning would be lightninging, right?), so we went back home. Not before, of course, my friend (who was female) was seen by some of my students...can we have an over-under on when I'm going to start hearing about this at school on Monday? She even gave her name, which I thought was gutsy. :)

So, we ended up getting pizza and watching Jonah (she hadn't seen it--can you believe that? that's like, blasphemy or something). Afterwards, we just started chatting, but of course she wanted to make me stay up *way* past my bedtime. Theatre majors tend to work on a sligtly different schedules than teachers. :) So, I'm going to bed at 10:10 tonight. Can we say "old fogey?"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is the day you hear about all of that- you're female friend and her making you stay up way late. You just walk into these sort of things, dont you?

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you, bum... T and I went to bed at 10:15 last night, and that felt like it was about an hour too late. :) thanks again for your help over the weekend...

9:51 AM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Talk is cheap, anonymous that isn't. I surprisingly got very little grief about her today--and what little talk there was, was mainly calling her cute.

Of course she was cute--she was with me, right?

5:42 PM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

10:10 is late?! And you used to call us the "old married couple"?? You so have no room to talk!

(Of course, 10:30 is technically past our bedtime, too...but it's not late until 11pm!);)

2:17 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Hey, 10:10 used to be really early, but it no longer is. Must be something to do with daylight savings...

Just ask Carolyn--I'm old, too.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home