Friday, September 29, 2006

To Dance or Not To Dance

That is the question. Whether it is noble in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of classes full of students hoping that I had come to their homecoming dance tonight, or to face the risk of being one or two of the only teachers who shows up. Basically, my two algebra classes both seem to want me to come to the dance tonight (and maybe more relevantly, bring along my Greencastle friend), and show off some swing. Now, either they know that interest in swing is kind of a buzzword for me, or they really want to learn some, and it's hard to resist that. But, from the teachers that I've talked to, no teachers show up to these things. So, what do you guys think? Should I actually go, and coerce my friend to come? Or should I just stick with my normal sleep cycle and do what most/all teacher's normally do? It's not like I know how to dance non-swing songs...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say go, swing dance is so much more fun than the dancing that is usually at school dances. Maybe you can change things up a little.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, a high school dance? that's so... nineties of you. :) I'd go with the sleep... and spend some time with this friend of yours in a different atmosphere another time.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Id say go and show off what you know use it as a bribe to your classes you go thery acutally pay attention and learn somthing. Just go for it and there are teacher who go to the dances

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, get out of the cycle! Breaking routine is good for the soul every now and then. :o)

~Liz

11:45 AM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

Nineties??? Don't you mean 80's? ;)

(I only went to one h.s. dance, and only 'cause my younger sis dragged me there kicking and screaming. No, I didn't stay, and yes, I was terrified by the lack of any real or talented dancing.)

10:00 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Yeah yeah yeah...any other "old" jokes at Shawn's expense?

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home