Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I miss high school sports

They are so intense. I just saw a thrilling, overtime victory by the Sullivan soccer team. We scored with 90 seconds left in overtime before the shoot-out. I don't know a lot about soccer, but I do seem to enjoy it. We seemed timid and not real aggressive for much of the game, but they seemed to find another gear in the overtime periods. Their aggressiveness picked up, and they took control of the game. When one of my students got the ball on a quasi-breakaway, you just knew it was over.

I think coaching is going to be tough this fall. It's going to be hard to not get pumped up and excited. I miss that competitive outlet, where you can just lay it all out on the line. Knowing you left it all on the field/course/court, sleeping that contented sleep after an amazing race/match/game. I may have to start running hard, rather more like training (more intense/serious), just to get a little bit of that feeling back. Plus, I like the discipline that practice and training brings.

Discipline could help make sure I'm spending quality time with God every day, too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home