Sunday, October 08, 2006

Yeah for surprise visits

My little shindig (quite possibly my first non-Firefly use of that term ever) went quite well, I think. A lot of people came over--at least, about as many as I can handle. I think Carolyn fit in pretty well with a lot of my friends, too, so that was good. More exciting, though, was the arrival of Carrie and Alan, two of my closest friends from my Taylor days. I get to see them so rarely, when they do show up it really means a lot. Plus, little Meredith made her first appearance into my eyesight, so it was really good to see her. They currently reside in Wisconsin, so the trip down really is cool. Now, I realize there were other things going on--the trip wasn't just to see my house for the first time--but it made my day.

And, possibly most importantly, three of my friends now know how to play Settlers of Catan, and Carolyn (who just watched) could play if she had to. Bring on the Settlaz!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home