Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Out of touch

I got to play basketball today! Well, kind of. We do a two-man shooting drill in practice pretty much every day, and today we had an odd number of people. So, I filled in so everyone could do the drill. Which means, for ten minutes, I'm doing the shooting drill. Now, to be honest, I wasn't going 100% all out, which almost for sure affected things. But, it took a really long time to become consistent with my shot. I was really rusty, and my shot felt really inconsistent. For the first eight of the ten minutes we did the drill, I had no idea where the ball was going. Now, I finally got frustrated and focused a little more and put a little more effort into it, and things finally got straightened out (somewhat), but I'm still incredibly rusty. It was almost embarassing...

One thing was for sure--it was a ton of fun. I wish I was back running drills and playing more basketball...as you can probably tell by the very nerdy way I just wrote 2 paragraphs about a 10-minute shooting drill.

3 Comments:

Blogger Penjammin said...

Nerds rule the world! (and the NBA too.)

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alot of your players say that you just stand around with your arms crossed, so what up with that???? but if your a couch shouldn't you know what you are doing?

6:20 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Well, right now I'm spending a lot of time observing. You have to factor in, I'm starting in this program from scratch. I don't know the players, their skills, many of the drills that are run, nor any of the plays. So, I'm learning. I'm learning what Coach Moore and Pirtle are seeing, making sure that I'm seeing the same things (which I normally am), and making sure that I'm not working against what the main man in charge is saying and thinking. I'm getting more comfortable with this specific program, and as the season progesses, I'll be getting more and more involved.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home