Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Profound or not at all?

On Sunday, I was on the highest of highs. After a week off, church reconvened in Yorktown, and God came down in a powerful way. In particular, He met me personally, and helped me to refocus on Him. With all that's going on in my life right now, God has gotten put on the back-burner--not a place He particularly likes to be. I recommitted myself, so to speak, to serving Him first and foremost, regardless of what that does to my free time.

As you can imagine, Satan did not appear to be very thrilled about this. I was attacked/challenged in a very powerful, and I came crashing down hard. I failed, and sinned. Today, I even got to see some of the effects of a sin. It doesn't just effect me, but effects everything in my life, from my relationships to my job and my students. I was really disappointed in myself, and kind of depressed at how stupid/weak I am.

In the back of my mind all day, though, I knew I was going to spend some God time this evening after practice. I knew I needed to get back to Him. And nothing earth-shattering happened, and yet it did. He just (again) refocused me on Him. Jesus is my identity, not this sin, or past sin, or future sin, or my job, or any characteristic I may have. He purchased my sin, it's over and done. Again, nothing earth-shattering or particuarly new to me, but a new glimpse into the grace God gives us. And, I feel like I need to tell everyone about it, and yet I have no words for it...

1 Comments:

Blogger Penjammin said...

with everytime, and all the time, the song Amazing Grace just gets sweeter and sweeter, saying it better and better... can a brother get witness up in here?! :)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home