Saturday, November 18, 2006

Good mascot?

I did some thinking before our scrimmage tonight, and I'll share some of my thoughts.

--Am I going to get a lot of grief for getting food from Burger King, where two of my students were working?

--What would be Sullivan's mascot? Their nickname is the Golden Arrows...

--Is a Golden Arrow supposed to strike fear? I mean, gold is malleable, right? If you got shot with a golden arrow, it would sting a little, but probably not even break the skin. Just a nasty bruise as the arrow gets scrunched up. Is that a bad rally cry? "We're going to leave you with a really colorful mark in the morning!!!"

--Hey, at least our school "color" (note the quotes, bum) isn't plaid...

I really need to get a life.

--I missed all you Carmel people...would have liked to be dancing! Hope the dance went well.

4 Comments:

Blogger petite américaine said...

When I hear "Golden Arrows" I think of laurels and a Greek god...like Mercury or Apollo or something. C'mon, HS kids would go nuts over a guy leaping around in a toga, wouldn't they?!? ;)

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not be budged: if it's on the internet, it must be true. :)

7:44 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Well played, bum. Hard to argue with that logic...

10:14 PM  
Blogger Beth Anne said...

"golden arrows" made me think of robin hood. you could go with "The Merry Men" - i somehow don't think that would go over with the guys well, though. "the hoods" sounds like a gang . . . ugh, i've seen too much mel brooks - i can't think of anything! you could be "The Sharpshooters!"

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home