Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Casualty of war

Who knew coaching was hazardous to your health?

Tonight we hosted the Terre Haute South JV squad. I would say we played them, but that very much was not the case. We laid an egg. And by an egg, I mean an egg the size of Wyoming. Don't ask why I picked Wyoming, it just seemed nice and....square. Ish. Anyway, coach was ranting during halftime, and at the end of his speech threw the chalk at the chalkboard. Which, of course, is not a problem, because I was a good six feet from the chalkboard. Except that when the chalk hit the chalkboard, it shattered, and one piece flew right at me, hitting me directly in the left eye. Which was open.

I have a nice red mark on my eye. It feels a little swollen, but that's all. I thought about taking a picture of my eye, but a blown up pic of my eye staring at me seemed a little creepy. And by a little, I mean mucho grande. I wish I had an eye patch so I could wear it to practice tomorrow, but I don't, and that might be a little mean. Instead, I'll suffer silently...and by silently, I mean I'll broadcast it to the world to anyone who wants to read my blog.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written, bum. :) Sorry you have a "bum" eye now...

10:16 PM  
Blogger novice.knitter said...

You should have it looked at if it is still irritated over the next day or two. If it is scratched, it will only get worse, and then if it gets infected, it is NASTY... I haven't seen it, so I may be talking jibberish, but a woman in my church had an eye infection because of a scratch and it was really painful. Good luck!!

8:07 AM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

Seriously! You'd be amazed at how sensitive the eye is...my sister has told me all sorts of stories from just her small amount of service so far in the eye world.

I would have it looked at, too. Really. (They do give you health ins, right?) ;)

12:04 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

But if I get it looked at, that means I'll have to actually read and figure out what kind of coverage I actually do have. I know I have some, but I don't know the details... Of course, I should look into what kind of dental I have, too, since it's been...well, a long time since I've taken care of that, too.

3:35 PM  
Blogger novice.knitter said...

Now I am harping... go get it checked out!!! Especially with insurance. That really is a luxury, you know? Use it!!!!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Penjammin said...

:) no harping just some sympathy.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home