Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Affirming weekend, and then....

It was a pretty exciting weekend, all things being considered. Over the past few days, I felt very challenged about my coaching, my teaching, and just who I am spiritually, as a child of God. And then, over the weekend, God just gave me feelings of affirmation in all of those areas. He gave me confidence and a sense of being with Him, and it was cool.

And then I saw one of my closest friends almost wreck her car no more than 30 yards in front me. It was icy and snowy in Yorktown after church, and she and I were heading to Indy to play some basketball. There was a slick spot on the road (I started to slide right after she did, but I caught my car quickly--maybe I have more practice in snow?), and she started to fishtail. And then fishtail. And then spin around. And then somehow, miraculously, avoids things in the yard to my right. And then slides (facing me) across the road before coming to a stop. Again, all of this happened right in front of me, after I was able to (slowly) bring my car to a halt. It's a weird thing to see develop in front of you...

And, of course, a new change of course. Had a rought moment at school today that I did not handle well. So, prayers for tomorrow as I try to make amends...can't really say more than that.

4 Comments:

Blogger spocktongue said...

Got to make amends today, and it went really well. I was pleased...praise God!

9:48 PM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

Oh good!! I said a little prayer for you!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad your friend is ok... have you seen what it is doing in mi? IT'S A BLIZZARD!! just ask them! we are going out in it any way. what's a little snow, right?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Penjammin said...

hey, I saw an old basketball movie about a good coach at a small Christian school, for some reason it reminded me of you. So I thought I'd hop on here and say hi. Congrats on the making amends.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home