Monday, July 09, 2007

Interesting stuff

What an interesting weekend. It started on Saturday on my way to Yorktown, where I passed an SUV with a sticker that said "Get Off the Phone." So, of course, you know what the driver was doing--talking on her car phone.

Saturday night was a surprise party for Dave and Lisa, and "hosts" of the home church I attend. It was all kinds of fun, and we did all kinds of stupid things, including dancing (swing and other). I do not recommend dancing on warped, sagging, wooden decks with lots of levels, corners, and tables.

Sunday came, and after a morning/afternoon of just chilling, reading Red Horizon, and getting lots of sun. It was my first Sunday back "home" in over a month (due to vacations and basketball camps), and I sorely missed it. Good things were said, and it was interesting to line up people saying they thought of me and prayed for me with my struggles and times with God (because, let's face it, none of us can (and should we?) really go that long away from Church and not struggle in some way).

A very interesting (at least to me) comment from this list came from Dave, who's been going through some different things on his own. However, at one point, God started listing off to him the "core group" at Yorktown--the foundational, consistent group that makes up that church--and certain things to be praying about for each of that group. Anyway, God included me on that list. I find this very interesting. To me, that's kind of always been a question--how "big" of a part of that body am I? I am called to that group, for sure (at least for now), but I don't live in Yorktown/Muncie, and I never have. Due to my location, I can't attend or participate in a lot stuff that happens there. But apparently, I still have a strong connection there. Whether it be some part of my heart, or my mission, or my spiritual make-up, or something else altogether (where is it, bum?), God considers me a core part of that group. So, what does this ultimately mean? I don't know, but it's interesting nonetheless... Interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home