Monday, July 02, 2007

Woohoo!

So, it's amazing how quickly you get into the groove of coaching. Very quickly, like after a game or two, you really feel like you belong. Now, I'm not saying I'm as good or see everything that our other coaches do (let's face it--they've been doing it a lot longer), but I'm picking up a lot of the right things. Plus, I like the kids I've got right now--there's some fight in them that's fun to work with.

Plus, when you finish with a couple of really fairly well-played, exciting games during the tournament portion of the camp, that helps put you on an up-beat. The first game of the tournament, we won on a buzzer-beater in OT after some poor officiating cost us the regulation win, and then we played a good team really, really close, losing when our game-tying 3 at the end of regulation fell just a little short.

Oh yeah, and I get cool stuff for coaching at the tournament. Yeah free stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home