Saturday, October 04, 2008

Poker Pro

I was playing a quick online poker tournament a few days ago (ahh, the joys of not coaching--this free time will last for another couple weeks, and then it's gone), and something pretty cool happened. One of the guys at the table was really pretty good. We even got to commentating a couple of the hands we played. Eventually it got to heads-up with him and me. I had him covered (more chips than him) and all-in with a hand that should win about 81% of the time...and proceeded to lose the hand, and ultimately, the tournament. After the hand, though, he mentioned he had played in the main event at the World Series of Poker ($10,000 buy-in, multi-millions to the winner) and eliminated a well-known pro (Jeff Schulman) in an almost identical situation, just out-drawing him. So, by the associative property (don't even bother, bum, I know it doesn't apply) I am a poker pro. I knew I could hold my own, but I didn't know I was that good. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger David Aukerman said...

Hey, wait a min-- oh, never mind. :)

Congrats (on losing, I guess?), bum... sounds like it was fun!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home