Sunday, August 24, 2008

Representing

On Thursday I had a girls golf match. I had talked to the hosting coach the day before, and he told me to bring my clubs. So, much to the joy of my team, instead of watching three hours of golf I got to play golf myself. Now, this made me a little nervous, because I really wanted to represent Sullivan well. And it would be nice to validate my status as a coach if I don't completely stink at golf. Since I'd not played in a "competitive" match with someone new in a really long time, I was a little nervous.

So how do I start? I chunk my first drive about twenty yards into water. We laugh and play it off as not being loose/my first drive, and I retee. And snap-hook a shot left where we couldn't find it. I end up dropping a ball and just playing from there...

After my horrific start, however, things turned a little. I salvaged par on the first hole, and then started outdriving and out-"straighting" the other coach. Finished my round with a one over par 37. Note: the best I've ever done is shoot even par, so that was a pretty good round for me. And how did things end up with the other coach? Oh, he still beat me--shot a one under par 35. So, that was annoying. But, I feel like I did represent Sullivan well, and I had a great time (the match went so much faster), so it's ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home