Sunday, March 25, 2007

The life of a teacher

Got to sleep in this morning....until 5:50. That's when I woke up. Fortunately, I was finally able to get back to sleep, but it took a little time. *sigh*

Anyway, while I actually was sleeping, I had a weird dream. For some reason (that wasn't completely clear), I had to go back to Taylor for the spring semester, and I had to live in the dorm--Gerig, in particular (of course). Now, weirdness starts to follow. First, my roommate was some kind of foreign exchange student from Europe...I want to say Germany, but I don't remember for sure. We had the middle room in the big suite. O'Rourke (if you remember him from many years ago) was next door. Oh, and the PA? Yeah, one of my high school students, who also played basketball. What?!? I spent most of yesterday working on my yard, including putting dirt down and planting grass seed, so clearly I was doing some of that at Taylor. But, when I got up the next morning for breakfast (at 6am, just like a normal school day for me now, not then), there were a ton of people in line for food, and the main course (for breakfast) seemed to be carved roast beef, but turkey was an option. Of course, you could get all the fixin's with it--mashed potatoes, green beans, etc. Did I mention that was for breakfast?

Finally, on a completely different note, an offer was made on my house, which I accepted. Woohoo!!! Now, there's still the inspection process and then a new response then and all that stuff, but this is definitely promising. Hopefully by the end of April I will no longer be a homesowner. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent news, bum (about the house, not the dream)... I'm glad you finally got that one sold! (provided everything finishes correctly, that is)

O'Rourke should be part of any dream about FOSO, in my opinion. :)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Mari Bébête said...

Glad to hear you've had a bite on the house, although sad that you're still intent on abandoning us here in B-ton.

I'd be alright with some meat and potatoes for breakfast... but turkey is totally not what I need when trying to wake up in the morning!

10:22 PM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

At least I'm not the only one w/ wierd dreams...one day I'll have to write one for you.

And Big Congrats on the house!

10:30 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Not abandoning, Mari, just moving to someplace that will give me money. And TH isn't that far from Btown--I still expect visits, and I will reciprocate. Especially if I start a swing club...I'll need a place to take them for live dancing, right?

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home