Sunday, August 19, 2007

Small Town USA

Ahh, the joys of a small town...

Being a basketball coach, I have to work the concession stand during the varsity football games. Pretty much all coaches have to do this at some time or another. Of course, since this has been going on for awhile, the community expects the basketball coaches to be there. So when I'm in there, they're a little curious. I mean, this is a small town, so they gotta know what's going on. I don't know how many times our head coach was asked who I was, with me standing only six feet away. It's fun to hear "he's our new JV coach....he helped out last year....did a good job..." over and over, but I was amazed at how many times I had to hear it. Sort of makes you feel a little famous. :)

Now, I'm sure there'll be a time when I want things more private, but for now, it's kind of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home