Sunday, August 12, 2007

Too many links!!!

So, I've been linking a lot on here lately, so what am going to do about it? Link some more.

I like it. I like the idea of God fighting for me. I've been reading a little about us being God's bride, and what that means in terms of Him wooing us and such. But, being a guy, sometimes I struggle with that analogy. But I really like the idea of God fighting for me.

Last night, of course, then He posed the response to me. Am I willing to fight for Him? And maybe not in a traditional sense. I think there's a tendency in me to do all the things a "good" Christian does (whatever that means), even if those things go against the grain. Does that make any sense? For instance, I feel called to Yorktown, and so most Sundays I go there for church, which is definitely a sacrifice of many things. And God is honoring that. But do I fight to totally maximize my time there? When I can't go, do I fight for quality time here by myself in TH? Or do I just kind of...skip it. Do I fight to meet with God every day? I think not fighting, in some ways, just resorts back to the "religion" that I've been ranting on. Yeah for being hypocritical!

All this, I need to keep in mind that God still fights for me. He still seems me as being worth that. Don't get too hard on myself....just make sure I'm fighting, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home