Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Voice Change

Does anyone know a good way, short of going through puberty again, of making my voice deeper?

Last weekend made it very apparent--in a loud gym against a rival, it's really hard for players to hear me yell things at them. My voice is just not deep enough. It doesn't carry well. Which makes it hard when three or four of the guys know what you're trying to do, but all five of them don't.

So, I gotta work on really projecting my voice a little better (using my hands as a megaphone-type thing?), but if someone knows a good way to make me heard (bullhorn?), that would be wonderful!

2 Comments:

Blogger petite américaine said...

Why not just learn a few ASL signs and use 'em w/ the kids? You'll learn something useful, and I doubt any other coaches would know what you were doing! :D

9:18 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

I have a weenie of a voice if you remember, but 8 years in the Army has changed that.

Since I'm an Officer I don't get to yell as much any more, but when I was an NCO I did all the time ;)

The trick is to yell more from your chest/gut than your throat. If you get your vocal chords involved you don't project and you end up just going hoarse.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home