Thursday, January 03, 2008

Almost Over

It's so sad--my break is almost over. I have only 4 days left. And of those four days, I have two basketball games to coach, one practice to run, oil to get changed, hair to get cut, seating charts to make, and lesson plans to write. I'm excited about that, no really, I am.

So how do I respond to that? Settlers of Catan: Cities and Knights!!! But it led to a very interesting philosophical question: What is the plural of metropolis? Is it metropoli? Metropolis? Metropolices? Metropolises? Oh, and by the way, when you have two of...them....it's very helpful in the whole "winning the game" process. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We looked it up here at work. The answer, courtesy of DD and the Internet, is "metropolises" or "metropoleis," though many people [incorrectly] use "metropoli."

11:57 AM  
Blogger David Aukerman said...

If left to my own devices, I might say "metropolusses" or "metromultiply," even though the latter is a bit of a stretch.

And yes, it's hard to lose if you have two of ... them. :)

3:30 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

I'm especially proud that the first of...them...was actually stolen. :) It actually involved, on two successive turns, rolling a seven and picking a cloth from the steel-ee out of a hand of at least 6 cards...

10:27 AM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

When did this happen?? :) Sounds like we missed out!

11:28 AM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Actually, the day before I came to visit you. I had back-to-back hang-with-friends nights...

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home