Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Brand New Ice Experience

So today we should have had a two-hour delay. But we didn't. It wasn't an issue until I got to Sullivan--the roads in town were insanely bad. I didn't get over 20, and had serious issues stopping/slowing down on multiple occassions. One incident, however, was a new one for me. There was already an accident on Section Street, with a car half in my lane and half in the ditch to the right. So, after waiting for a gap in oncoming traffic, we got ready to move forward. When I took my foot off the break to pull around, my car started to move....sideways. The road was so slick the tilt of the road was enough to push me towards the ditch on the right.

If you've never been through it, being in your car and moving perpendicular to the road in quite the experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home