Friday, April 18, 2008

A New Experience

So, I've lived through my first earthquake.

I awoke at 5:41 (according to the clock by my bed) with the walls and my bed shaking. A weird experience, let me tell you. I wondered if it was a tornado (no storms in the area) or an earthquake (but come on, this is Indiana). So, I decided on one of two options:

First, God was trying to rapture me, but my house was fighting with Him.

Second, my students wanted me to get twenty minutes less sleep than normal, so they snuck into my house and released some oompa loompas, who proceeded to crawl under my bed and shake it at the aforementioned time.

As cool as those options would be (actually, the rapture one would be pretty *not* cool), it turns out it was an actual earthquake (5.4 on the Richter scale), centered a little southwest of me in Illinois. Huh...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered if you felt it pretty strongly... just now (11:15am) I felt our whole house shake back and forth a few times. It didn't wake me up, though... too far away, I guess.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home