Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yorktown Too

Ok, maybe not so much. I think I just need to mature some. But, one of the consequences I'm noticing of attending a church really far away is you tend to get disconnected over some of the missions. The church has two main parts to the body--a Muncie group and an Indianapolis group. Exciting things are happening in both places as they work together and apart to do things in their workplaces, Bible studies, and every part of their lives.

So what about me in Terre Haute? I'm the only one out here, and at times it feels isolating. I know part of my role out here (not that I necessarily know how to "execute" it, so to speak), but I want these radical, transformings things to happen out here as well. Part of me feels overwhelmed and incapable, as if I was the one doing any of the work (praise God for God!). There's a part of me that just needs to get over myself and accept that God can work through me, speak through me, prophecy through me, heal through me, do any other miracles through me, and get on to loving Him. Those things should then follow.

All this probably means I need to find a fairly like-minded body here in Terre Haute that I can fellowship with, though I'm still not sure a good way to go about finding one. Plus, I'm lazy. I guess right now I'm feeling somewhat....challenged? Motivated? Umm, some other synonym?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there's nothing unusual about what you're feeling, bum... I'd feel the same way if I were in your shoes, I think. Finding a church in the TH area might be a good thing for you. Alternatively, you could look for a house and a teaching job in the Indy or Muncie areas... :)

Just an attempt to fine-tune your middle paragraph... I might suggest that the first step is to respond in faithfulness to God, to submit yourself to him and commit to him in all things, and then "those things should then follow." The center of the discussion should be God, his truth, his reality, his action in the world...the personal implications of faith in him should follow from there. (Of course, that's idealized theology, and who knows if anybody can actually do it..?)

7:26 AM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Yeah, I agree, I tried to end that paragraph on that note, but I was just kind of rambling and thinking "out loud," so to speak.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whosoever Will Full Gospel Church
Dugger, Indiana
right off highway 54
35 minutes south of Terre Haute
Pastor Dan Dyer: 1-812-648-3260
Sunday School: 10am
Sunday Worship: 11am
Sunday Evening: 7pm
Wednesday Bible Study: 7pm

"The Spirit and the Bride say come, let him who is thirsty come, and whosoever will let him take the water of life freely." -Revelations 22:17

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home